The Czestochowa Icon is a miraculous icon of the Mother of God, written, according to legend, by the Evangelist Luke. The main shrine of Poland and one of the most revered shrines of Orthodox countries. Due to the dark shade of her face, she is also known as the “Black Madonna”. The location and center of veneration of the icon is Yasnaya Gora (Polish Jasna Góra) in the Polish city of Czestochowa.
It is reliably known that the Galician-Volyn prince Lev Danilovich transported the icon to the city of Belz, where it became famous for its numerous miracles. Prince Yuri Lvovich presented this icon to the Templars after their arrival in Rus in 1307. Since that time, the icon has been kept in Frankopol (in the Frankopol underground). Yuri Lvovich kept a copy of this icon for himself. The whole history of this icon after Yuri Lvovich is the history of a copy of the icon.
The copy of the icon on the clothes of the Mother of God depicts lilies, a symbol of the royal families of France. This means that the Templars covered the icon with an expensive cloth, on which French royal lilies were embroidered with gold threads. Russian artists who made a copy of the icon applied a drawing of this fabric to the clothes of the Mother of God.
After the conquest of Western Russian lands by Poland, including the Galicia-Volyn principality, the Polish prince Władysław Opolski in 1382 transferred a copy of the icon to Yasnaya Gora, near Czestochowa, to the newly built Pauline monastery. The icon, or rather a copy of the icon, from that time received its current name.
The Czestochowa Icon is an icon of the last days. The demonstration of the original of this icon will become a great Sign from God, Who will point to His Chosen One.
More info here: