In 1307, the Templars migrated from France and Western Europe to Eastern Europe. They developed trade here, built new cities, strongholds, warehouses, roads. The Templars developed old trade routes and created new ones, including “From the Varangians to the Greeks – 2″, which passed along the rivers from the Baltic Sea to the Dniester River and the Black Sea.
The Templars numbered the warehouses in which the goods were stored. Typically, these warehouses were located near major roads or rivers, which were trade routes. The names of a number of settlements indicate that they appeared in the places where the Templars’ warehouses were located. These are settlements, the name of which comes from the word “number”, more precisely from the French word “numéro”:
Nemirov – a city in the Vinnitsa region of Ukraine;
Nemirov is an urban-type settlement in the Yavorov district of the Lvov region of Ukraine.
Nemir – a village in the Rozhischensky district of the Volyn region of Ukraine;
Nemirovka – a village in the Radivilovsky district of the Rovno region of Ukraine;
Nemirovka – a village in the Starokonstantinovsky district of the Khmelnitsky region of Ukraine;
Nemirovka is a village in the Korostensky district of the Zhitomir region of Ukraine.
700 years ago, each of these warehouses had a number, for example:
Numéro 1, numéro 2, numéro 3 … numéro 50 …
Many names of settlements in Eastern Europe come from the French word “les caves”, which means “cellars”. These cellars were the warehouses in which the Templars stored goods for trade. Over time, settlements appeared near these basements. Examples:
Lukavtsy (until 2005 – Lukovtsy) – a village in the Vizhnytsya district of the Chernovtsi region of Ukraine;
Lukavets – a village in the Brody district of the Lvov region of Ukraine;
Lukavets is a village in the Bereznovsky district of the Rovno region of Ukraine;
Lukovets – a village in the Horoshevsky district of the Zhitomir region of Ukraine;
Lukovets – a village in the Koryukovsky district of the Chernigov region of Ukraine;
Lukovets-Zhurovsky – a village in the Rogatinsky district of the Ivano-Frankovsk region of Ukraine;
Lukovets-Vishnevsky – a village in the Rogatinsky district of the Ivano-Frankovsk region of Ukraine;
Luko – a village in the Vladimirets district of the Rovno region of Ukraine;
Lukov (until 1557 – Lukovo, in 1557-1946 – Matseev) is an urban-type settlement in the Turia region of the Volyn region of Ukraine. A 19th century palace, deep ditches and undergrounds have been preserved here. The palace was built on the site of more ancient structures of the Templars;
Lukov – a village in the Rozhischensky district of the Volyn region of Ukraine;
Lukavets is an agro-town as part of the Khotenchitsa village council in the Vileika district of the Minsk region of Belarus. Here are the ruins of the Borovskys’ estate of the XIX-early. XX centuries. A chapel, the ruins of a barn and outbuildings have been preserved. The manor house has not survived. This manor was built on the site where the Templar structures stood in ancient times;
Lukovets is a village in the Maloarkhangelsky district of the Oryol region of Russia;
Lukovets is a village in the Khotynetsky district of the Oryol region of Russia;
Lukovets is a village in the north of the Bezhanitsky district of the Pskov region of Russia;
Lukovets is an ancient city located in the middle reaches of the Sheksna near the confluence of the Suda River in the Vologda region of Russia. Lukovets was flooded by the waters of the Rybinsk reservoir in 1941. In some years, when the water level drops, the settlement appears as a small island.
Presumably, this city appeared in the 10th century and, along with Beloozero, was a significant stronghold of the Slavic colonization of the Belozersk-Poshekhonskaya land, as well as a trade center. The importance of this city increased after 1307, when the Templars appeared here, who built their warehouses here and called this place “les caves” (Lukovets). Until the 20th century, the large village of Lukovets remained, in which there were two stone churches and more than a thousand inhabitants.
In 1980 – 1990 excavations were carried out here under the leadership of A.V. Kudryashov and A.N.Bashenkin. Thousands of ancient things were found: battle and working axes, including those with silver inlay, arrowheads, knives, hammers, keys, locks, harpoons, fishhooks, spears, combs, spinning wheels, bronze and glass bracelets and rings, bronze pendants, beads. Some things have preserved individual letters and words. Among the finds is a unique icon of the 12th – early 13th centuries of South Russian origin with the image of the Mother of God, which indicates a close connection between North and South Russia during the Templars;
Lukavets is a river in the Novograd-Volynsky district of the Zhitomir region of Ukraine. The right tributary of the Cerem River (Dnieper basin). In this case, the river got its name from the basements that the Templars dug here.
Kosov is a city in the Ivano-Frankovsk region of Ukraine. The name Kosov comes from the French word “caves”.
Klesov is a village and urban-type settlement in the Sarny district of the Rovno region of Ukraine. The name Klesov comes from the French word “les caves”.
Kosovo (Belorussian. Kosava) is a city in the Ivatsevichi district of the Brest region of Belarus. In Kosovo, a settlement of the X-XI centuries has survived, which arose on the trade route. In written sources, Kosovo was first mentioned in 1494 as a privilege of the Grand Duke of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania Alexander Jagiellonchik, who donated the village with its surroundings to Marshal Jan Khreptovich.
In 1517, the descendants of Khreptovich sold the estate for debts. After that, over the course of three centuries, Kosovo passed from one magnate clan to another. The estate was owned by the Osziks, Sangushki, Meleshko, Sapegi, Fleming, Czartoryski.
At the beginning of the 19th century, Count Vandalin Puslovsky became the owner of Kosovo. He opened a cloth manufactory, in which the first steam engine in Belarus was installed. In 1838 he ordered the foundation of a large castle-palace (more than 130 rooms) in the neo-Gothic style, designed by the Warsaw architect Frantisek Jaszczold. More than 150 species of exotic plants grew in the park and there was a water system of two reservoirs separated by a dam.
Although the settlement existed here before, but the name Kosovo appeared after the Templars appeared here. The name of Kosovo comes from the French word “caves”. The Templars built warehouse cellars here.
The Templar cellars were something like this
The Mongol-Tatars destroyed Rus, which for a long time after that was in a state of decline. Seventy years later, the Templars arrived here. They built new cities here and developed old ones. They built new roads, created new trade routes, and developed trade. The Templars were restoring Rus.
More info here: