Volyn is a historical region in the northwest of today’s Ukraine. Over time, the territory of Pogoryna began to be attributed to Volyn.
Pogoryna is a historical region on both banks of the Goryn River.
Coat of arms of Volyn
The coat of arms of Volyn was borrowed from the Templar Order. On the emblem of Volyn there is a white cross on a red background, and on the coat of arms of the Templars, on the contrary: a red cross on a white background.
Coat of arms of Volyn
Goshcha is a city in Volyn. The city of Goshcha was owned by the Templars, the emblem indicates this. On the coat of arms of Goshchi there are French lilies.
Coat of arms of Goshcha
Princes of Korets were the richest princely family in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. They headed “Pany-Rada”, the central government authority in the ON. The wealth and influence of the princes Koretsky due to the fact that they had access to the vault of the Templars. Through the underground passage, they penetrated into the dungeon of Frankopol. Frankopol and Gorodnitsa became their estates. In the XVII century, the family of the princes Koretsky died out. Presumably, their family died out due to a long stay in the underground passages and the dungeon of Frankopol, where the Templars’ treasures are stored. In this region, underground there is a lot of radon gas, which in large quantities has a very bad effect on health.
After the Koretsky, their estates with Frankopol passed into the possession of the princes of Czartoryski. Representatives of this kind already knew nothing about the Templars, nor about their treasures. At this time, the estate itself shifted away from the place where the city of Frankopol was originally.
Sangushki – Russian-Lithuanian princely clan coat of arms Pogonya. Came from Prince Sangushka. The name of Prince Sangushko comes from the name of his first possession, the Templar castle. After the death of the last Templars, he got a castle, called the Templars in honor of San Hugo, St. Hugo (similar to the name Guiva).
San Hugo is Sangushko.
Stepan is an ancient princely city in Volyn. Stepan was part of State of the Templars. Between 1307 and 1340, when the Templar state existed in Eastern Volhynia, there were no princes in Stepan. It is known that around 1290 there was Stepan Prince Vladimir Ivanovich. It is also known that in 1387 there was Prince Semyon in Stepan. And between the recorded 1290 and 1387 years was the Templar state.
One of the districts in Stepan is called “Pastovnyk”. If you discard the suffix “yk”, the basis of the word “Pastovn.” Among the Templars there were bilinguals who spoke both French and English. The name “Pastovn” is the French-English “pas town”, which literally means “not a city”. “Pastovnyk” is really distant from the city center.
The name of the village Buderazh (Zdolbunovsky district of Rivne region) is of French origin. The name Buderazh originally sounded “bourg de rouge”, which means “red city”.
Buderazh was first mentioned in 1322. On December 8, Prince Dmitry-Lyubart Gediminovich presented the Lutsk Church of St. John the Theologian with a villages, among which is called “Budorozk”, and in another record “Budorozha”, “Budorozhsky estate”.
Prince Dmitry-Lyubart was married to the daughter of one of the prince-brothers Andrey Yuryevich or Leo II Yuryevich. Prince Lyubart gained power immediately after the deaths of Princes Andrei and Leo II Yuryevich and most of the Knights Templar in the great battle against the Tatars. This battle took place shortly before December 1322.
Dyuksyn and Zhobrin
Dyuksyn is a village in Ukraine, in the Kostopolsky district of the Rivne region. The name is of French origin and means “Duke’s son” or “son of Duke”.
Near Dyuksyn is the village of Zhobryn. Presumably, this name comes from the French name Gilbert.
More info here: