In 1321 or 1323 there was a big battle against the Tatars, in which most of the Knights Templar died. In the same battle, Princes Leo II Yuryevich and Andrei Yuryevich died.
To the extent that the Templars died, their castles gradually passed to the local noble families. The Templars were dying, the Order was not replenished with new members, and the knights left first the most distant castles, then the middle ones. One of the last Templars left Koretsky, Gubkovsky and Gorodnitsky castles.
In the most remote Templar castles on the border of the Wild Field, the Cossacks began to revive, which was destroyed by the Mongol-Tatar invasion.
Presumably, the last Templars burned Frankopol in 1349, when the Polish king Casimir the Great invaded Volyn. Frankopol was created in a hurry after 1307 and was built of wood, so it burned to the ground. The Poles were Catholics, and the Pope became the enemy of the Templars, so they did not want the Poles to receive their treasures. By that time, the Poles were not familiar (or forgotten) with the history of the Templars, so they bypassed the burnt city. Confirmation of this is the burnt bridge over the Korchyk River opposite the former main gate, the road through which led in the direction of Gubkovsky Castle. The remains of the burned bridge were discovered at a depth of approximately 1 m. Also, the existence of a road from the Frankopol Castle to the Gubkovsky Castle in ancient times confirms the location of the farms. They are located in a straight line, which is unusual for farmers. But if we assume that once an important road passed here, then the farms stood along this road. Also, the village of Dermanka (Koretsky district) is located along the same old road.
More info here: